12 Minutes to the Loop (White) Romper
100% cotton romper features a detail of an electric station identification signs installed at all of the Congress branch (now the Forest Park branch of the Blue Line) stations when they opened in 1958-60.
The lettering on the sign was illuminated at night with neon tubing. These signs represented the first time that "L" stations were really marked with identifiers of that scale and type. Their design owes to two things: 1) Typical 1950's advertising and graphic design; and 2) the fact that the Congress stations were in the median of an expressway, isolated in the middle of a long bridge away from the neighborhoods that supplied many of the customers, meant that the stations needed a beacon to identify them from a longer distance.
Available in 6, 12, 18 and 24 months.
Free postal shipping to USA addresses!